Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thanks For Your Love & Support!!!


We want to thank all of you for the tons of emails we received the past couple of days. It's so nice to know how much you all love and support us. So this next 6-8 months will be our waiting period. Time should pass fairly quickly (as I'm praying it will). I'm hoping to keep busy, and as I look at our calendar I notice we will be busy between now and November!

Let's see.... Micah and I will be in So. Cali. for 12 days in late May-Early June. Maggie (my sister) is coming to visit us here in Texas for 3 weeks! We'll be heading on up to Branson, MO for the 4th of July week. Micah will start second grade the first week in August, and I will be "Room Mom" this year! Then Fall soccer, golf lessons and choir rehearsals will begin. In October Micah has Fall Break and we are heading east to Hilton Head Island, SC. Once November 5th hits that's when I'll pretty much be a basket case until we get our phone call from Holt saying we have a baby! So if I seem a little edgy then, I ask you for your forgiveness now! :)

I'm sure we'll be fine, just a bit anxious when the 6-8 month period comes along! We know the hardest part will be after we receive the referral. It will take 3-4 months to bring our child home. :( My friends who have adopted call it "labor of the heart". You know your child is out there, yet he/she still can't be in your arms until all the paperwork is complete. This is when I will truly be a "basket case". But in the end we will have a child, and our child will have a forever family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you sure WILL be busy. I'm tired just reading it all!
Sure wish you could visit Florida, but after reading all that, you don't have the time!
Maybe, when Alan retires,(at least 2 years) we could come visit you,and since I have a cousin who lives in Austin, we could make it a family vacation.
Luv ya,
Marty

Anonymous said...

hey Nancy!!! Congrats on your big journey!! I wish you lots of patience!!time will fly by!!! and before you know it your baby will be here!!!
Love ya!!
Kandice