I've had many of you asking if we've heard any news about our adoption. I did call our agency this past Thursday, and now I wish I didn't. The news wasn't bad, but it really wasn't good either. I feel like what she had to say left me feeling even more uncertain. My question to her was, would we get our referral before the end of the year and if not what would this mean (as far as our wait time). Her response was that she could not give me an answer to either parts of my question. The agency has no idea as to the number of children that will come into their care between now and the end of the year. And if we were not to get our referral by December, the agency is still not certain when referrals will start up again in 2007. All they know is that the Korean government will not allow a child to be considered for international adoption until he or she is 6 months of age. So Holt will have to wait for the children who are waiting for a family to become of age, that are not adopted within Korea before they are placed with the agency. And again the agency will have no idea when this will take place and how many children will be placed with them at one given time. Once I hung up the phone I felt so discouraged and never has such a feeling of uncertainty came over me.
MY ANSWER TO PRAYERThis past weekend I went to the Women Of Faith conference with a group of fantastic, godly women whom I'm so proud to serve with in the children's choir ministry at our church. The conference was just what I needed to lift up my spirits and to redirect my focus on God, and not my circumstances. That I can only truly find joy and contentment if I'm dwelling in His presence daily. For me to trust in the fact that he has hand-picked the perfect child for our family. To also trust that He will reveal this marvel to us in His timing.
I need to trust more in God's timing because I was not going to go to this conference at first. We've been saving money to pay for this adoption and so I was not sure whether or not I should go. After talking with Soowan, he gave me the "A-OK"!!! Only God would of known that I would be at my lowest of lows, and what a perfect pick-me-up this conference was for me. The theme was 'CONTAGIOUS JOY' and I left the arena this weekend feeling that joy. I've never laughed and cried so much at one setting in my life. Here's a picture of the wonderful group of ladies I went to the conference with!
No comments:
Post a Comment