Thursday, October 30, 2008

'Twilight Zone' Kind of Morning

This morning the alarm went off and it felt like the morning came way too soon. Soowan got up to take a shower and I briefly fell back to sleep. I popped up looked at the clock and it read 6:47 , and I thought to myself... "Micah didn't set his alarm last night." He normally gets up at 6:45. I get up, get Micah up. I try to let Abbie (our dog) out to use the restroom but she didn't need to go, so she stayed inside. I start the coffee, Micah gets himself a bowl of cereal and I turn on the computer to check my emails. The computer comes on and I notice the clock reads 4:57. I start to think there is something wrong with the computer. The coffee pot beeps and I go to the kitchen to get myself a cup of coffee. I look at the clock on the oven and microwave and they both read 4:58. My cell phone is on the kitchen counter... I check it, and it reads 4:58 too.

twilight zone Pictures, Images and Photos

I go into our bathroom, and Soowan is shaving. I show him the time on my cellphone. He looks at the phone and then back at me in an odd way. He then starts to walk around the house and notices that all the clocks in the house say it is almost 5:00 AM, but our bedroom clock says it is almost 7:00 AM. It took us a while to figure out what was going on, and for a minute there I thought I was trapped in an old black and white episode of the 'Twilight Zone'.

twilight zone Pictures, Images and Photos

Long story short... Yesterday our power went out for a couple of hours. I had reset all the clocks in the house, except the one in our bedroom. I wont say who set our clock, but I'm sure you might already know who did. ;0)

Micah finished his bowl of cereal and I sent him back to bed. Poor kid never fell back to sleep. Instead he got ready for school and listened to the radio in his room for an hour in a half. I hope he makes it through school, because we let him stay up an hour past his bedtime last night. To top it off he has three tests to take today. YIKES!

Of course I fell back to sleep about 10 minutes before the alarm went off for the second time this morning. Sigh. I hope my little, Miss Amanda will take a nap today, because the past two days she has decided she doesn't need one. FUN! FUN! FUN! I have a feeling this is going to be a looonnnggg day... sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meet Soowan and Nancy. A typicl suburban couple with two adorable children. Soowan and Nancy love their sleep. Their delight is crawling into bed and entering Dreamland....only today, they have entered.....(duh, duh, duh) The Twilight Zone. doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo!

:)