Monday, November 10, 2008

OUR SWEET GIRL IS TWO!!!

Today our beautiful daughter turned two! What a gift Amanda is to our family and how blessed we are to have her in our lives. She is an amazing little girl that has brought so much joy and laughter to our family. Amanda is God's happiest child and she has a wonderful charm about her. I could go on and gush about her forever, but I'll spare you all and stop now!

This day didn't turn out exactly as planned because Amanda has been running a fever all day. :0( She didn't seem to be in a celebratory mood being sick and all, so we stayed home for dinner and opened her presents shortly after. She was fading fast and we didn't think she would even make it past dinner. Amazingly enough Amanda perked up quite quickly once she saw her birthday balloon! She could care less about anything else once she saw that darn balloon. Micah helped Amanda open her presents while Soowan and I took pictures and manned the video camera. She took very little interest in her presents and kept a tight grip onto her balloon the entire time.

Note to self: Amanda prefers balloons over presents/toys. Great!!! Christmas will be easy and inexpensive this year! YAHOO!!! ;0)

After we were able to get the balloon out of Amanda's hand and got through the drama of her tiara breaking, we did cake. We sang 'happy birthday' and when Micah told her to blow out her candles, she took a deep breath in and blew both of them out! Amanda instantly perked up and with all smiles she exclaimed, "Again! Again!" How could we resist such a request? We ended up re-lighting the candles numerous times, so she could blow them out and we could see her smiling face. Have I mentioned what a JOY our sweet girl is?!?!

Amanda ate some cake, but once again she began to fade and we knew she was just about done for the night. Hopefully tomorrow she'll be feeling better and back to her spunky, little self.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

MOM, DAD AND MICAH


(Aunt Maggie, I specifically chose this song for your listening enjoyment.) ;0)





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy little girl:) She really like that ballon. Happy Birthday Manda Panda.

I will remind Uncle Paulus that he bought the wrong size PJ for Manda?
His reasoning was she would grow out of them in a few months...what do you do?

Thanks for the song! NKTOB!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Amanda! What fun!!! I am wondering if it is too late to introduce the idea of getting balloons as gifts to my teenagers!!! Whaddya think?!

Nancy said...

Jilly,

It's worth a try! You never know. ;0)

Sarah N. said...

I love the pics! She is adorable.

Sarah said...

She has the sweetest smile, Nancy! Especially for being so sick (poor dear). And it's also so cute to see her big brother - you can tell he just loves her so much! ;)

Doug and Cherie Yost said...

what a beauty! I wish we could see you guys.