Friday, May 22, 2009

My Baby, Isn't A Baby Anymore


Yesterday, Amanda got a big girl's hair cut. She looks so cute! Doesn't she look so much older... Like a BIG GIRL? Whahhhh!!! My baby girl is growing up way too fast!!!

This afternoon, Amanda decided now that she's sporting a new Big Girl's hair style, she needed to play the role of a Big Girl in a broader fashion. To debut her newly founded independence, Amanda chose to climb out of her crib after she was done with her nap. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Not only does this mean naps are pretty much thrown out the window... It also means we had to take down her crib this evening. :( My baby, isn't a baby anymore.

After dinner we went out a bought Amanda a toddler bed. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm one of those nervous Nellie's who is scared to put my VERY petite, 24 pound toddler in a big twin size bed that is way too high off the ground for my comfort level. We purchased a simple, white metal toddler bed frame that is a VERY safe distance off the floor... Without Mommy having an anxiety attack at night, thinking she'll fall out of bed... bonk herself unconscious, and we won't know it until the morning! Yes! I am that much of a nervous Nelly!

Now back to Amanda's new bed. We played up the whole 'Big Girls bed' all night long. She anxiously watched her Daddy put her new bed together! It was so cute. Once it was put together we got her favorite blankies and babies all situated and she was ready for her first night in her new bed!







Now you're probably wondering 'how are things going?' So far, so GOOD! We put her down, said our prayers, exchanged lots of hugs and kisses... and I haven't heard a 'peep' from her. YAY! WOO-HOO!!! That was over an hour ago, and we only have 9-10 more hours to go! Hopefully she will stay in her new bed until morning!

5 comments:

Jeana Hurst said...

She is adorable! SOOO CUTE! I love her hair cut and wow, she does look much older!

Maggie said...

Good Girl!!!My Manda Panda is growing up! I bet you the next thing she does will be talking more!

See ya soon:=)

Maggie

Anonymous said...

There is something so wonderful about them growing up....and something terribly agonizing, too! She looks FAB in her hair cut. A real grown up girl!

Crissy said...

she does look so grown up....and so beaautiful!

M said...

Wow.. I haven't stopped by your blog in ages. Your baby girl is just as adorable as ever. =)