Friday, January 25, 2008

1000 Gifts List



Every other Friday I go to a women's group at my church called, "Encouragement Fridays". It's a great time to fellowship with other mothers, eat yummy food, and hear a relevant, practical message from some of the most amazing women. I have been abundantly blessed from the wisdom, knowledge and the authenticity that these women bring to our group. They have openly shared with us about their lives, their marriage, their families and their relationship with the Lord.

During our last meeting, one mom talked about a blog she follows and how she has been blessed by reading the writings by a Canadian mother of six. She has started what she is calling her One Thousand Gifts list. The speaker at our group challenged us to keep a list of gifts that God has given to us. Not gifts we want, but to list the gifts we all ready have. God gives to us daily, and many times we miss those gifts within the craziness of our daily lives. I know I do.

So today, I have decided to start my own 1000 Gifts List, that God has generously h given and continues to give to me on a daily basis. Some I will share on my blog, others I will write down in my journal.

Here is the link to the blog in mention and I hope by reading this blog it will inspire you to start your own 1000 Gifts List. LINK

In His Grip,

Nancy

3 comments:

Kelli I. said...

Nancy~
Thanks for your encouraging words. What a great idea to think of 1000 gifts! We have been given so much and so often don't even notice... Have a great night.

Kelli

Kelli I. said...

I forgot to ask you if I can put a link to your blog on mine. Just wondering... I have a list of some of my CA friends but wanted to make sure it was okay with you first. :)

Nancy said...

Kelli,

Yes, that would be fine! Thanks for asking.

Nancy