Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saying Good-bye To Our Jethro

Yesterday we had to put our dog Jethro down. Earlier in the week we took him to the vet, thinking he had a cavity. He had not been eating lately and had bad breath. It ended up that Jethro was going through renal (kidney) failure. The bad breath was being caused by ulcers he had in his throat (a common symptom with renal failure). There is no treatment for the condition he had, and prolonging his life would of only been for our benefit, not his. With this condition the animal usually passes from toxemia or starvation, and we didn't want either to occur to our beloved Jethro. We felt putting him down was the most humane thing to do. With that said, it was still a very difficult decision make. =^(

Jethro was a good dog and a wonderful companion for the past 11+ years. He had a distinctive bark, with a silly looking black & pink tongue (he was half Shrapei/terrier mix). Jethro will certainly be missed.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry!! He looked like a great dog and I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying your hearts are healing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nancy. I hope you will feel comfort soon. It is so hard to lose a buddy like that.