Here in North Texas most schools have what is called 'Fair Day'! This means there is NO school that day, and the students are given a free ticket to attend the Texas State Fair! I love the fair! The sights, the sounds, the food, the indigestion. Ahh... but so worth it. Our family managed to scarf down nachos, turkey legs, corny dogs, corn on the cob, ice cream, funnel cake and Soowan and I enjoyed ourselves a nice frozen margarita and mojito. They kids didn't have a sip, so don't worry!
Yesterday was also the first day of the fair, and we have decided we will go to the fair on the first day from now on. There is plenty of parking, NO crowds, NO lines (even for the Mouse Trap ride) and people are genuinely happy, which makes the day a lot more enjoyable!
By these pictures you might think we went to the Arboretum or to some garden. That's my fault. Each year we take the kids to the garden exhibits first so I can take pictures of them before they get all sticky from the food and sweaty from walking around in the sun all day. By doing this, the battery on my camera started running low while at the butterfly garden, so I mostly got garden shots. OOPS! But I did manage to get a good shot of 'BIG TEX' on our way in to prove we were at the fair this year. =0)
My T-Shirt Caused Qutie A Stir The Other Day
15 years ago

2 comments:
SoFUN!!!! I have the best memories of the fair from when I lived with my aunt. My cousins were 4H junkies...they raised EVERYTHING so I got to help keep pigs cool, goats worked and horses comfy....but I really loved when I could sneak off with them for a while and gorge on corn dogs, fried artichoke hearts and cotton candy!!!! The garden pictures are lovely and I am amazed to see how much Micah has matured!! He looks so grown up....no more little boy!
Jilly,
It's incredible how much Micah has changed in such a short time. He's grown almost 2 inches this month and his facial features are changing as well. You're right, he doesn't look like a little boy anymore. =0(
Post a Comment