This weekend we were able to spend time with our friends Josh and Amber Cagle, along with their two boys Caleb and Cayden. It's cool how God puts people in your life, and even though the each person goes through several seasons in life, God is the glue that keeps them together.
I have known Amber since my freshman year in high school, way before either one of us became Christians. We were both on dance team together and have many fond (and not so fond) memories of our time in high school. After high school ended we saw one another on occasion while attending College, then we lost touch for a while after our time there over.
Soowan knew Josh from our church in California, Christ Church of the Valley. The two of them lived together at the 'Pink Panther' for a short time while they were in college (before I ever came into the picture). You may be wondering 'What the heck is the Pink Panther?'... Long story short, it was a pink house (and I mean PINK!) in Covina, CA that many college aged guys from our church rented.
A couple of years after I became a Christian, Amber gave her life to the Lord and started attending the same church I went to. Soowan and I noticed that Amber and Josh were getting close, but never said/pushed anything. A few months later, Josh and Amber attended our wedding as a couple!!! During our reception they told us they were dating. What a wonderful wedding present! Knowing that two people, whom both Soowan and I loved and cared for very much, were A COUPLE!!! A year and two months later we attended THEIR wedding!!! =0)
In the past 10 years God has moved in the Cagle's life in a tremendous ways, and it has been awesome to see all that He has done through their family. I know I'm leaving a lot out (like 10 years worth), but I'm excited to say that God has MOVED THEIR FAMILY TO TEXAS!!! YEEEE-HAW!!!! Josh will be starting a plant church in the Austin, TX area. A short, 3 1/2 hour drive from Dallas! If you want to check out their ministry click here... The Round Rock Project
As a couple Josh and Amber SHINE! Are they not only so darn cute together and have two GORGEOUS boys, they SHINE for the Lord in all that they do! I'm not kidding! We've seen it throughout their friendships, marriage, and ministry. They are an amazing couple!
This weekend we were finally able to get together with the Cagle Family since their move to Texas! They drove up to Dallas on Friday and we all went to the Angels vs Rangers game! Both our families are HUGE Angels fans! On Saturday we got up, ate breakfast and were off to Micah's first soccer game of the season! Our team won 2-1, and I will shamelessly brag that Micah scored both goals! That's my boy! =0)
The Cagle's had to get on the road and head back down to Austin shortly after the game, but the boys did have some time to jump around on the trampoline and share lots of giggles. =0)
Thank you Josh, Amber, Caleb and Cayden for an enjoyable time and we look forward to seeing ya'll more often now that you're official Texans. Well, maybe not yet... you need to get rid of those California plates on your car! =0)
My T-Shirt Caused Qutie A Stir The Other Day
15 years ago

3 comments:
Hey sweetie! How fun for you guys that you got to see the Cagle's and what great pics!
Oh wow on the pink panther! That took me back!!
Hope you are having a good day!
How fun! I love when God moves people close to each other. That must have been such a great time that you guys had!
this is too cool!!! How fun that you guys are near eachother!
Post a Comment