Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Good Times With Old Friends

This past weekend we were blessed to spend time with special friends from California. Steve Franssen flew in on Friday for a quick 36 hour visit. It was very sweet of him to make a stop our way on his way home from visiting family on the East coast. We met Steve many, many years ago at our old church's college group. When I think about it, Steve was still in high school when we first met him. Gosh I feel old!

Another friend from our old college group recently moved to the Dallas area. We have been trying to find time to visit with LaRue and her husband Dave for several months, but our busy schedules have prevented us from seeing one another. By chance, LaRue and Dave were available for dinner Friday night! It was so much fun to have Steve, LaRue and Dave over. We had a blast hanging out, playing poker, eating yummy food, laughing and reminiscing about old times!



On Saturday we took Steve on a driving tour of Dallas. We went by the grassy knowl where Kennedy was assassinated. It's rather odd but there are x's painted in the street where each shot struck the former President. Weird, huh? We drove him by the AA center, Texas Stadium and went by the Gaylord Texan Hotel for lunch and to walk through the hotel's atrium. We still had some time to kill before taking Steve to the airport, so we went and looked at model homes nearby. Steve was amazed what one could get for their money in the Dallas area. He was also amazed on how finished, unsold homes within the developments were unlocked for people to walk through and view. One particular house was our favorite by far! It is a 7800 sq. ft. home on a half acre lot with 6 bedroom, 8 bath, 5 living areas (including a media room) 3 kitchens (no joking!), and a 4 car garage. The sticker price was a mere 1.25 million dollars. Where Steve lives in CA, one may get a 1800 sq foot, 3-4 bedroom, 2 bath fixer-upper built in the 1970's for that price. ;0) Granted, neither one of us could afford this home, but it still blew Steve away at what you can get for your money out here.

STEVE'S DREAM HOME!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Nancy it is so GOOD to hear from you! I do understand what you are saying... THANK YOU!! I will try that =)

AND fun to see LaRue and Steve!! I didn't know that LaRue moved there!! =)

AND I LOVE Steve's dream home too!! HAHA!!

Your kids are growing up so FAST!! They are sooooo CUTE!!

I am new to the blogging thing... I LOVE reading them - I am just not a writer so I am not very wordy! =)

LOVE YOU!!!