
It's been a month since my Mom's passing. In all honesty I know I haven't fully grieved her death. Life's been so busy I feel like I just don't have the time, nor the personal space to just let it all out. With selling the house, looking to buy a new one, driving back and forth constantly, and Amanda deciding she wants to start using the potty... I've been distracted to say the least. Now that everything with the move has been finalized (for the most part), and we have about a month before the actual move, I feel like I have more room to allow myself to start grieving.
Please know this has everything to do with me. My husband, family and friends would drop everything to allow me to grieve. If anything, they are concerned because they 'know' I haven't. It's just me and my personality to hold it in. It's funny because I tend to wear my heart on my shoulder with little things. But when it come to loss and death, I tend to hold onto how I feel a lot longer than I should.

3 comments:
Nancy....I think grieving for a parent can be a long process....like the proverbial peeling of an onion. I am praying that you have all the space (personal and internal) you need to work through your loss AND still get your household moved!
I pray the God's balm of Gilead would bind up your wounds and heal you. That you would feel the warmth of His Holy Spirit healing you in those raw places. That His comfort would overwhelm you. That your tears and weeping would be light. That Jesus would gather you together as a hen gathers her chicks and hold you in His arms of love. I pray that He would give you great peace and grace. In Jesus' name.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I share in your sorrow.
Tracy
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Mat.11:28-30
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, beleive also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so , I would have told you. I got to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am,there you may be also, and where I go you know, and the way you know. John 14:1-4
Dearest Nancy, I write this with a heavy heart. I hadn’t read your blog since your Dec. 4th entry. I am so sorry about your Mom. I think I can empathize a little bit. When my Mom passed (with multiple health issues too) I thought my heart would literally break. I can NOT imagine what you have been thru, death, grief, children, moving, Christmas pageantry, and all at once!
All my life, I’ve been told, that God doesn’t give us more than we can bear. But I admit, sometimes I wondered. But after reading your blog, you made me a believer.
Hugs & Prayers
Marty & Alan
Post a Comment