Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Gotta Love Texas Weather

We have had quite an interesting weather pattern in our area this past weekend. On Saturday it was mostly sunny with a high temperature 78 degrees. On Sunday it was cloudy the majority of the day, but still mild in temperature. Around 6:00 pm it began to rain and we were under severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings in our area until 2:00 AM Monday morning. Yesterday the high temperature was in the early AM and the temperature quickly began to drop as the day progressed. It began snowing around 7:30 PM last night and the snow continued throughout the night. Our area received about an inch and a half of snow. Just enough to blanket the rooftop and the lawn, but not too much of the white stuff so Micah still had to go to school today. Much to his disappointment of course.

Today is still a bit cold, and the snow is quickly melting away in the bright sunlight. We let Micah go out and play in the snow last night, and this morning I took Amanda outside and check it out. She didn't seem to mind the snow, but then she really didn't love it either. Here is a slide show of pictures I took of the kids and a video I took of Amanda this morning as well. ENJOY!

One last thing... Amanda picked her first flower today! You will notice a purple, pincushion chrysanthemum in her hands in some of the pictures. I'm planning on pressing the flower to save and put it in her baby book. There is actually a space in her book to save her first picked bloom. Cool huh?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE...I love the birds chirpping in the background! Well its snowing here...Its very lite but its white and cold....I hope we get LOTS..I will take pictures if there is lots of snow....Its 25 out so Im sure it will stick around for a day or so!
Manda didnt really know what to think...I love her pink jacket!

Maggie