Monday, March 10, 2008

Praying The 5 P's For Our Kids

Another thing I learned at the 2Moms conference (mentioned below) was 5 things to pray for our children. They happen to all start with a P, so the mom's made reference to them as the "5 P's to Pray for Your Children."

Pray for your Child's Passion for God.

Pray that your child will know Purpose.

Pray for your child's Peers/Pals. (both present and future)

Pray for your child's future Partner.

Pray for your child's Purity.

Also they have created a prayer calendar to pray for you child, in scripture, for their character. Here is the link so you can print out your own prayer calendar as well. Prayer Calendar

I began praying for Micah on Saturday about his peers. With him starting a new school this past January, I know it's been tough for him to get to know his new peers. It's always tough being the new kid.

This morning while we were driving to school I told him that I've been praying for him and his ability to make new friends at school. He asked if I could pray for one student in particular. He revealed to me that a boy has been calling "glasses boy" just about everyday at school. Micah asked if I could pray that this boy would stop saying this to him. He had mentioned to Soowan and I that someone made a comment to him when he first got his glasses, but I had no idea that this boy has continued on since then. Before Micah got out of the car, we prayed together both for this boy and for Micah to not become bitter and to still love him as the Bible tells us to. I prayed that the Lord would soften this boy's heart and see that Micah is same person, with or without his glasses on. (Micah had mentioned that the boy was nicer to him prior to getting his glasses).


Here is a picture of my "glasses boy". It's sad we are creatures who judge what's on the outside and not see what's on the inside first.

But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

1 Samuel 16:7

1 comment:

Kelli I. said...

Nancy,
You are such a godly mother. Thank you for being an example to me and reminding me to always take things to the Lord. If we are not praying for our kids, who is? I love that you prayed with Micah in the car today before school. He must have felt peace and oomfort as he walked into his class today. You are such a sweet mom!
With Love,
Kelli