Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dear God thank you for friendsThis evening I went out to dinner with my three dearest friends Kim, Lisa and Julie. They are my answer to prayer and I love the three of them with all my heart. I've known them for over 3 years, (well I've known Lisa for 4 years because she is my neighbor) but in that short amount of time we have formed an amazing circle of friends.

Every couple of months we plan a ladies night out. I love our dinners together because we are able to get a couple of hours away from our normal nightly routine and enjoy uninterrupted, adult conversation. We always chose a restaurant that we would never dare bring our children to, and it's even better when the place has no children's menus as well. This secures the probability that another family will not be eating at the establishment with their children. ;0) Don't get me wrong, we all love our kids to pieces, but we are also realistic and know that we need adult time away at the same time. We feel it makes us better mommies, and we are blessed to have husbands who encourage us to have that time with away with one another.

So thank you my sweet, sweet friends! I had fun tonight and will look forward to our next ladies night out.

No comments: