Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

fathers day

Father's Day is a bitter sweet day for me. It's a day that I have celebrated the last 9 years with my husband, as the father of my children. At the same time it is now the 22nd year I have not celebrated this day with my Daddy. I was 11 years old when my father past away from cancer. This time of year is tough because last week would of been his 87th birthday as well. Not sure if he would still be alive at 87 years of age, but I still think of him on his birthday anyways. I miss him terribly around this time of year.

2 comments:

Kelli I. said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you today and often, sweet friend.

Love,
Kelli

Magwheels said...

Nancy,
I think Dad would still be alive at 87..Sitting at the kitchen table in his underwear... drinking coffee.. with the TV and Raido both going while reading his newpaper and then Time Magazine. But our lives would be much different. As much as I miss him I like my life now...Yes it was hard growing up without him because Mom was Mom but I know that he was watching over us during that time and helping guide us. On his birthday I was in Lund and I went to the church there and lit a candle for him...I think he would have liked that...I would have loved to have know his as adult..It would have been a blast!