As far as Soowan, he has a few options to pick up some contract, recruiting jobs until he is able to find the right, long term position. If push comes to shove, he does have two standing offers that would return us back to California. This is not what we want because moving there would cost us an arm and a leg, and it's not where we want to live and raise our family either. No offense our CA friends & family, but we love it here in Texas. It's something that is not easy to put into words, but we really don't want to leave this Great State. There's a saying around here that goes...
This pretty much sums up how we feel about Texas. Not many get it, until they have lived here themselves.
With our lemonade tasting bitter as it did last night, friends & family brought us some sugar. Through emails, phone calls, stopping by to talk with us or by bringing over 'get well soon' gifts for Micah... The outpouring of love and encouragement our family has received has been inspiring.
This morning we woke up to a new day and the sugar kept on coming to sweeten all the lemonade we've been making. Micah loves to listen to the 'Coconut Radio Show' on KCBI on Saturday mornings. They have several contests for kids to call in to win prizes. We call almost every Saturday morning to get a chance to win something, and what a morning for Micah to WIN a prize!!! God is so GOOD!!! If you're wondering what he won... he received an Adventure in Odyssey DVD and CD! COOL!
Micah also received a couple of phone calls this morning. His teacher and couple of his classmates called to ask how he was doing. His baseball coach called to say he still wanted Micah to show up at the game tonight, in his uniform and sit in the dugout with the rest of the team. This made Micah smile from ear to ear! Then the team's dugout Mom called and told Micah she needed some help tonight and if he wouldn't mind assisting her with getting the batters lined up for the game.
At the game Micah felt completely loved by his teammates. They all signed his cast, and at the end of the game the coach gave Micah the game ball. Our, sweet, sweet, sweet dugout Mom put together a little gift for Micah as well. Everyone seems to have great sympathy for Micah... breaking your arm at the beginning of the Summer. That's tough. But this too will soon past and come mid-July he'll be back in action!
Another blessing is while I was whining and complaining a few weeks back on how it took so long for Amanda's passport to get here, so we could get a SS# for her, in order for us to file our income tax return. Praise God the our income tax return and stimulus check will be coming at a time when we'll be needing it. God is GOOD! He is our great provider!
One more praise and I'll be done with the obscenely long post. ;0) We were to leave for vacation on June 6 for a week long vacation in Hilton Head, SC. With Micah's broken arm, the fact he can't get his cast wet, and because the cast goes above his elbow therefor he can't golf, we decided to cancel the trip. I booked this trip last fall through the timeshare that we own. When booking the vacation the man asked me if I wanted to purchase vacation insurance just in case we needed to cancel. At first I said no, but then he reminded me that June is hurricane season and just to be safe, I should add on the insurance. In all honesty I was thinking in my head that this guy is trying to sell me something I didn't need, so I asked him how much it was. It was a nominal fee of only $37, so I agreed and told him we would get the insurance. In the 5 years we've owned our timeshare, I can't recall anyone asking me to purchase vacation insurance while booking nor have we ever cancelled a trip.
Soowan called yesterday to cancel the vacation. The woman on the phone reminded him we purchased the vacation insurance (I never mentioned to Soowan that I bought it when booking our trip). So Soowan was thinking... "Cool, they will return us our points so we don't lose a week's worth of vacation time."
It's even better than that! The woman told Soowan that the insurance doesn't return us our points. Instead the insurance gives us the cash value of what the condo would rent out for, for the week we were to stay there. I'm not sure if any of you realize how much a Marriott, 2 bedroom condo goes for in Hilton Head, SC in June. Let's just say... A LOT! Again, our Lord is the great provider!
As our family and friends keeps on giving us sugar to add to our lemonade, God keeps on stirring! We have no doubt we're in good hands! Things may not end the way we would want them to, but at this point in life we realize it's not about what we want, but what God has willed for us.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
~Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:
Glad to hear that your lemonaid is getting sweeter.....I have gotten some yummy candy for MIcah and I will ship it off tomorrow after school...I will address it to you!
Kiss the kids form us...Love you lots..
Maggie
OH! OH! OH! Didn't I say that I only pray for provision now?! THIS is why! There is no denying God's hand in it, when things come to you! What a testimony you already have!
Here is something to think about....in El Paso County (Colorado) where I live....25% of the population is made up of Californians and Texans. You could move here and enjoy all your favorite people!!!! Of course, I am joking....but maybe there is a timeshare in Colorado Springs you could visit sometime!!! :)
Jill,
Before we cancelled our trip to SC, we took a look to see where there was availablitity to vacation at the same week. There was a condo in Aspen available for trade, but when we saw what the average high temperature is there in early June (Brrrr), we decided to not even entertain the thought. We are a sun-loving kind of family.
But I did think to myself, "Mmm... I wonder if we could some how meet up with Jill and her family if we do decide to go to Aspen?"
Maybe one day we'll head up that way!
Nancy
You gotta come!!!!! We have room!! And it is HOT in Colorado Springs!!!!
Love,
Jill
Nancy, Listening to your life from my point of view.... God has His hand all over all of you! It is amazing to sit back and watch! WOW! Hang in there and tell Micah it may seem like forever but he will be swimming in no time. Poor guy...I really feel for him.... that is so hard! Can not wait to see what God has in store for y'all now....this is better then reality TV! :)
Crissy,
Reality TV? LOL!
This small event in my life is nothing compared to what I've experienced in my lifetime. If I were to write about my life's testimony, I KNOW that someone would turn it into a daytime drama. Seriously!
Thanks for your encouragement my friend!
Nancy
Post a Comment