Friday, April 25, 2008

Micah's Song

praiseWorld Wide Worship
A couple of weeks ago when I was driving Micah home from school he was singing softly to himself. I asked him what he was singing and he gave me his typical 9 year old answer, "A song."

He kept on singing softly to himself so I asked him, "Is that a song you learned in choir?"

Micah: "No."

Me: "At chapel?"

Micah: "No."

Me: "So where did you learn the song?"

Micah: "I wrote it last night in my mind before I prayed to ask Jesus to enter in to my life and to forgive me of my sins."

This is the moment all Christian parents wait for!!! The moment their child decides to follow Christ! Holding back the tears I asked Micah if he could sing the song louder for me so I can hear what he wrote. He said he was not finished with the song yet and that he had only written the chorus but was still working on the rest. He sang to me the chorus, and to be honest with you I don't know how I drove the rest of the way home because my eyes were overflowing with tears of joy. To hear my son praise God's name with words written from his heart was one of the most precious moments I've shared with him since holding him for the first time. But this time as I looked back at him through my rear view mirror I could see Christ holding him.

Micah has finished his song and it is beautiful. He will not sing the song for us because he is a bit shy to do so. He did read to us his song the other night and made sure we knew where each beat, rest, when the refrain started and ended, etc. Micah has not yet started any formal music lessons as far as playing any instrument, but he is in choir at our church. I am thankful that God has brought Carrie, Jayne and Francey, Micah's music directors into his life. They have unselfishly shared their love of God and music that praises our Lord with my son and all of the other children in the choir. In all honesty I KNOW Micah has learned more about God's truth, sovereignty, love, grace, power and Omni-Presence through singing scripture, hymns and about God's truths in children's choir for the past four years.

While cleaning Micah's room this morning I found the paper Micah wrote his song on. I wanted to share it with all of you. It is so sweet and shows the love Micah has in heart for his Savior. I'm going to write it exactly how Micah did on his paper. I love his attention to detail.


SAVE ME By Micah S.

key each o = 1 beat in between words

Jesus oooo oooo
Jesus oooo oooo
Jesus my savor oooo oooo
Jesus my masya oooo oooo (Messiah)
Jesus king above all kinds oooo
but not everybody knows it oooo
So would all God's children sing ooo

cours (chorus)

Jesus save me from my troubles ooo
Jesus save me from my sins oooo
Jesus save me from everything I've done
agenst your word oooo
So Jesus save me tonight oooo oo
Jesus the god who died for us oooo
Jesus the god that loves his people oooo
the god that saved me from my sins oooo
but not everybody knows it oooo

So would all god's children will sing oooo
Jesus save me from my troubles oooo
Jesus save me from my sins oooo
Jesus save me from everything I've done agenst your word oooo
So Jesus would you save me tonight oooo
So would you save me tonight.

Sing to the LORD, bless His name;Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
~Psalm 96:2

Oh, sing to the LORD a new song!For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.
~Psalm 98:1

Sing to the LORD, For He has done excellent things; This is known in all the earth.
~Isaiah 12:5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
What a beautiful song....Only Micah could write something from his heart...Save it for him so many years from now if he is having a hard time in the REAL WORLD he can look back on that....
Luv ya...Kiss the kids and hello to Soowan..

Me

Kelli I. said...

Praise God for the salvation that Micah can begin to build his life upon. What a blessing to know that Micah loves God and wants to praise God with this song. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story ~ it is such an encouragement to me as a parent.

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD! Thank You, Lord, for Your lovingkindness to Micah! For extending irresistable grace to him and gifting him with the faith to respond to Your glorious salvation! I pray that You would grow him in Your ways and ignite him with a passion for You and Your Word and that he would impact the world for Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit! Thank You, Lord, for this man of God! Amen!