Thursday, April 10, 2008

SHOUT TO THE LORD!!!

Did you watch American Idol Gives Back last night? Did you hear what song was sung at the end of the show? They sang the worship song, "SHOUT TO THE LORD!!!" I was floored! I love this song. When I hear this song I can't help but to burst out into to song! I always get this tug at the back of my throat, my voice begins to crack and by the end of the song I'm usually in tears. So by the time the contestants were done singing the song I was in absolute AWE!

God is moving and there is no doubt in my mind that there are believers using their talents to glorify God within Hollywood. I know there are many Christians who are critical of Fox Network thinking they are trying to 'bank in' by doing more Christian programing. I think there is some validity in that, but God is still being glorified through that greed.

Remember how Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery with the intention that he would be killed by those who bought him? Joseph was sent to Egypt out of the wickedness of his brothers. God turned their wickedness into a chariot that carried Joseph into Egypt, to gain favor of the Pharaoh and in the end became in charge of the whole land of Egypt. God used Joseph in many ways while he was in Egypt. If your not familiar with this story you can find it in Genesis 37-50.

In the end Joseph confronts his brothers and says to them, "Do not be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You planned to do a bad thing to me. But God planned it for good, to make it happen that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."
Genesis 50:19-20

So even if American Idol and Fox only intended to have the contestants sing "Shout to the Lord" to get Christians to give to their cause, or to get Christians to watch more of their programing and movies, then so be it. The Lord WILL be glorified one way or another. AMEN!

Shout to the Lord, all the earth;break out in praise and sing for joy!
~Psalm 98:4

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
~Psalm 100:1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for his soveriegnty! He makes ALL things beautiful in His time. Fox's time is up!
Blessings,
Jill (Holt BB)

Stephanie said...

I agree...I could not BELIEVE they sang this amazing song! Very cool....to God be the glory!

Kelli I. said...

AMEN! I just sat there staring and listening...I couldn't believe that they were singing a praise song. My heart was happy and I began singing with them. Praise God.

Anonymous said...

Nancy...I was just reading in the Letters to the Editor in our local paper that Idol made the singers change the first line of the song to "My Shepherd, My Savior" because they wouldn't let the singers say "Jesus". Uggghhhh.
Still....I am so glad that they sang it....we all know who the Shepherd is!