
This evening was Micah's soccer team's first tournament game. It's a single elimination tournament. The game ended 1-1 so they went into a 5 minute overtime. After the 5 minutes were up the score was still 1-1. They were given another 5 minute overtime period and again no one scored. So then it went to a shoot out to determine the winner of the game. Five members from each team got to take a goal kick. Our opponent was up first to shoot. The first kick went strait into our goalie face (but the ball never made it into the goal!)... He was down for a bit but after our coach gave him a good pep talk he was back up and ready. The second attempt went wide left... no goal. The next 3 kickers scored.
Now it was our team's turn to take their goal kicks. We needed four goals to win! Talk about PRESSURE! Micah was first to go. He kicked the ball and the goalie caught it. But then the referee said the kick didn't count because the goalie moved before Micah kick the ball. So he got a second chance and this time made a goal up into the right of the goalie's head. Our next player was up and he scored as well. Then our third man up scored, with the ball bouncing off the inside of the right goal post. Now we're tied and only need one more to WIN! Our fourth player kicked the ball a little too wide left and no goal was made. Now it was up to our last and final kicker. His poor Mom was about to have a coronary on the sidelines. He kicked the ball good and hard to the far left and made it in! GOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!!
The team was soooooo excited and they all ran out onto the field jumping and cheering. It was a great moment for our team. Our next game is on Tuesday night against the 1st place team in our league. We will definitely be the underdogs to win, but then everyone did expect the Patriots to win the Superbowl this year. You never know....

3 comments:
You should be a sports announcer! I felt like I was at the soccer game cheering for Micah's team! :) I'm happy that the team had a great victory.
I totally agree with Kelli I!!! I was biting my nails the whole time! Kinda like watching the Sharks vs. the Flames!!!!!!! Keep us posted after the Tueay game!
Blessings,
Jill
PS - Don't you LOVE Breaking Free???!!! That was the first Beth Moore study I ever did! It was phenomenal for me!
Post a Comment